The national sport of India is not cricket; it is hockey. But if you ask an Indian what their favourite game is, a vast majority of them would say cricket. Ever since India won the Cricket World Cup in 1983, it has taken deep roots in our hearts. The heroes of Indian cricket like Kapil Dev, Sachin Tendulkar, Mahendra Singh Dhoni etc. are role models for many of us. Each time there is a cricket match going on, you can see every family member gathered together in front of the TV cheering and clapping for their most adored players. From television channels to paid streaming apps and even free live streaming platforms like Mylivecricket, watching cricket has turned into a ritual of the Indian culture.
Decades ago, when only a few households were able to effort a television, the entire neighbourhood would assemble in one house. The elderlies seated in chairs, youngsters on benches and children huddled on the floor; it was a joyful routine for the community. They had all kinds of preparation to make this practice even more enjoyable. Tea and snacks were distributed among the crowd, and prayers would be made at the local temples. Soon more families were able to afford a TV, and the strength of the gathering was reduced. Many of them started watching the match live from the stadium. The ones who could not make it to the stadium would settle with the TV channels to satisfy their devotion for cricket.
Several TV channels in India provide a live telecast of cricket tournaments from Twenty20s to one-day Internationals to test matches. The most famous among these channels are DD Sports, Sony Network, Star Sports etc. DD Sports is the first and the only channel which is available all over the country for free. The Sony group of channels remained the most successful by carrying the broadcasting rights of Indian Premier League for the first ten years. This practice slowly changed into live-streaming apps and websites like Mylivecricket.
The top Sports Television Networks in India
- DD Sports (1): In the golden age of Indian cricket, DD sports was the most popular channel. People would huddle around the TV and turn on DD sports to enjoy the tournaments. What makes DD sports stand apart is that it telecasts many other events that other mainstream media tend to ignore. On DD Sports, you can watch International events of football, hockey, athletics, badminton, swimming, kabaddi, wrestling etc. They also feature Sports news, sports quizzes and telecasts Olympics events in which Indian athletes take part. National level events like Khelo India Games can also be watched on DD sports.
- Sony Sports (2): The Sony Network is one of the most established television channels in our country. Though they have ten channels solely dedicated to sports, it is currently not the most successful network for live streaming of cricket. The content of Sony network is easily available in Mylivecricket. The fame of Sony sports networks among cricket fans has lessened through these years. However, it is the most prominent Indian network for football as they broadcasted the 2014 and 2018 FIFA World Cups.
- Star Sports (3): As of now, Start Sports is the largest sports television channel in India. The company owns 12 sports channels in seven different languages like English, Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, Bengali, Marathi. They bought the broadcasting rights for Indian Premier League in 2017. This agreement that lasts for five years has enabled them to win the hearts of the cricket enthusiasts in our country. Star Sports also owns the rights to many other T20 Leagues like Tamil Nadu Premier League, Karnataka Premier League, Global T20 Canada, Caribbean Premier League etc. However, most of these programs can also be streamed on Mylivecricket.
The influence of technology
As the technology evolved, so did our ways of watching a cricket tournament. Many sources on the internet like Hotstar, CricBuzz, Sony Liv app etc. provide live streaming of cricket matches. You can also find unpaid platforms like Mylivecricket which are completely free of cost. Apps like these give you the convenience of enjoying a game anytime, anywhere. You can just sign in from your computer, mobile, tablet, tv etc. and quickly stream the live cricket tournaments without any interruptions. Let’s take a look at these live-streaming apps in detail.
- Hotstar, also known as Disney + Hotstar, was launched in 2015 by Novi Digital Entertainment which is a part of the Star Network. It offers various subscription plans which can be used to stream your favourite programs and live sports at your comfort. The most well-known scheme is the Hotstar Premium which can be bought at 299 rupees per month or 999 rupees per year. For a sports fan, the most recommended plan is Hotstar VIP. Watch any cricket match online and get live updates about sports at the tip of your fingers. The content of Hotstar is unfortunately leaked into many illegal streaming sites like Mylivecricket.
- Sony LIV online streaming platform launched by the Sony Network. Any match or tournament that is available on the TV channels can be streamed live on this app too. They also telecast exclusive videos and interviews with famous sportspeople. As a precursor of the 2020 Olympics, they have broadcasted many limited videos of Indian Olympias like Deepika Kumari, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar etc. The subscription for Sony LIV can be bought as four categories – 29 rupees for a week, 99 rupees for a month, 299 rupees for every six months or 499 rupees for a year.
Mylivecricket – Watching live cricket online for free
There are various alternatives like Mylivecricket if you do not want to spend a single buck for watching cricket. On the website of Mylivecricket, you can find several servers which allow you to stream live tournaments for free. Their content is pirated from various TV networks like Star Sports, Sony Six, Hotstar, Willow, Sky Sports, Sony ESPN etc. Since it is a piracy site, Mylivecricket may not be available from all servers and browsers. They have various domains like Mylivecricket.in, Mylivecricket.net, Mycricketlive.net, MyCric.net etc.
It is more secure to utilize legitimate streaming choices if you need to watch live cricket. Despite the fact that it costs a sum, you don’t need to stress over any malware issues or loss of important data. Illegal streaming websites like Mylivecricket put you at the risk of losing personal data. No law can punish you for using such a site, but you cannot be saved by any law either if you get into trouble.