- Overview of TCS NQT 2020 Recruitment
- TCS NQT 2020 at a glance
- TCS NQT 2020- Important Dates
- Exam Pattern for TCS NQT 2020
- Eligibility Criteria for TCS NQT 2020
- Step by step guide to apply for TCS NQT 2020 (TCS NQT 2020 Registration)
- Selection Process for TCS NQT 2020
- FAQs about TCS NQT 2020
Overview of TCS NQT 2020 Recruitment
TCS NQT 2020 or TCS National Qualifier Test 2020 is a qualifier test that will help in selecting the best talents of the nation among the batch of 2019-2020.
TCS Philosophy behind this test is: TCS NQT 2020 will pick out the best talent to fuel the growth plan of TCS with the help of its Business 4.0 strategy.
In sum, with this exam, TCS will choose the excellent performers and make them a part of their organization’s flourishing units like CBO, Banking & Financial Services, BFSI, Life Sciences, and much more.
Also, it is one of the broadest equal opportunity employers as it has more than 1L women associates. It is ranked number one in ‘India’s Most Respected Companies’ study led by the Business World magazine.
TCS NQT 2020 at a glance
Job Title: TCS NQT 2020 Placements
Company: Tata Consultancy Services(TCS)
Industry: IT-Software & Software Services
Job Type: Full Time/Permanent
Job Role: Various Domains
Salary: Not Disclosed
Qualification: Any Graduate
Experience: Freshers (2019/2020)
Registration Start Date: 29th November 2019
Registration Closing Date: 5th January 2020
Online Test Date: 18th & 25th January 2019
Company Site: www.tcs.com
TCS NQT 2020 – Important Dates
- Registration Start Date – 7th June 2019
- Registration End Date – 24th July 2019
- Hall Ticket Issue Date -31st July 2019
- Online Test – 3rd & 4th August 2019
- Results Announced -In between 5th – 8th August 2019
- Interviews -9th August 2019 Onwards
- There are a total of 4 sections.
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Programming Logic
- No. of Questions in English are 15 and 10 minutes are given.
- No. of Questions in Quantitative Aptitude is 15 and 30 minutes are given.
- No. of Questions in Programming Logic are 10 and 20 minutes are given.
- There is only 1 problem statement in the coding section that you need to solve in 30 minutes.
Thus, in 90 minutes you need to solve everything.
TCS does eligibility checks on the several stages of the selection process. If anyone is found uneligible, TCS has every right to not proceed with that candidate.
Any graduate of 2019-2020 can take part in TCS NQT 2020.
However, you must keep in mind a few things:
- Only 2019-20 Arts, Commerce, & Science graduates can sit for the TCS NQT 2020.
- BA Economics, B.Tech, BA Journalism, CA, ICWA, MBA, M.Sc., MA, M.Com, BE, BMM, BA Statistics, cannot sit for the TCS NQT Test 2020.
- Only full-time graduates are eligible i.e only those with 15 yrs of regular education. No undergraduates, Correspondence courses, Part-time, Open school are allowed.
- Applicants with a gap of more than two yrs in education are not eligible for TCS NQT 2020 Exam.
- Applicants should not have more than three months of work experience to be eligible for the TCS NQT Test 2020.
- Candidates must be comfortable working in rotational shifts, including the night shifts.
- Postgraduate pursuing higher education and applicants with active backlogs are not eligible.
Step by step guide to apply
All the eligible and interested candidates must not waste anytime further. They should apply for TCS NQT 2020 as soon as possible.
We have a simple step by step guide for TCS NQT 2020 registration:
- Visit TCS Careers web page: https://www.tcs.com/careers/tcs-future-forward-careers-drive-2020.
- Now, you are able to see the #FutureForwardCareers with TCS Page.
- Read the eligibility criteria and all other important details.
- If you fulfill all the requirements, click on ‘Register Now.’
- As you click, a new tab will open. It will have TCS NQT Application Form 2020.
- Fill the form with all the valid and appropriate details.
- Also, fill your exam center preference.
- Upload your clear photo.
- Crosscheck all the details that you have entered.
- Click on ‘Submit’ and submit your form.
Selection Process for TCS NQT 2020
All the candidates must start their preparation, keeping in mind the format of the exam. Applicants will receive the hall tickets one week before the TCS NQT 2020 Test.
- Your verbal ability will be put to the test via 10 questions.
- Your Reading Comprehension ability will be put to test via 4 questions.
- Your logical reasoning ability will be put to test via 12 questions.
- Your Quantitative Aptitude ability will be put to the test via 12 questions.
- Your Data Interpretation ability will be put to the test via 12 questions.
You need to do all this in 50 minutes.
FAQs about TCS NQT 2020
1) How many times can we give TCS NQT?
There is no specific answer to this question because this entirely depends on the company’s requirements and decisions. It depends on how many times the company conducts the exam in one year.
2) Is there any negative marking in the TCS NQT 2020?
Yes, there is negative marking. Unlike any other competitive exam, TCS NQT 2020 also has negative marking.
There is negative marking in every section except the coding one. The negative marking is in the ratio 1:3. Attempting the blank questions are an exception from negative marking.
3) Is there any cutoff for TCS NQT 2020?
It also entirely depends on the requirements of the company for recruiting the applicants. There is no cut off as such. The selection method is based on the assembled group performance. Thus, the top scorers are selected.
4) Are the scores disclosed in TCS NQT 2020?
No, from the last few years, TCS has not revealed the scores obtained by the applicants. They are only for the recruiters to analyze the performance of the applicants.