A loss of Rs 3.15L Crores in retail trade due to lockdown

Share This Post

The Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) said on Tuesday that Retail trade had suffered a loss of Rs 3.15 L Crores due to this ongoing lockdown. Though they strongly favor the PM’s decision to extend the lockdown, still the damage cannot be ignored. 

According to BC Bhartia (1), CAIT National President, and Secretary General Praveen Khandelwal, there are more than seven crores traders in the country, and among those, 1.5 crores operate with essential goods. Despite these numbers, only around 40 lakhs of them can continue their trade. Others are facing difficulties in this quarantine to carry out business, the reason being the strict social distancing normas and nonavailability of transport. 

Conditions of Traders

According to the reports, around 80% of the traders have migrated to their villages during the initial lockdown days. The remaining 20% are working to maintain the smooth supply of essential goods in the country. 

The traders’ community strongly supports the decision of extension of lockdown, says CAIT’s Delhi NCR unit Convener Sushil Kumar Jain. 

CIAT also passed the statement that the retail trade has suffered a loss of Rs 3.15L Crores in the past 21 days lockdown. 

The number of Coronavirus cases is increasing rapidly daily. The cumulative number has reached 11,500 in the country.

 

State-wise COVIS-19 Cases:

  1. Andhra Pradesh – 483
  2. Andaman and Nicobar Islands – 11
  3. Arunachal Pradesh – 1
  4. Assam – 32
  5. Bihar – 66
  6. Chandigarh – 21
  7. Chhattisgarh – 33
  8. Delhi – 1561
  9. Goa – 7
  10. Gujarat – 650
  11. Haryana – 199
  12. Himachal Pradesh – 33
  13. Jammu and Kashmir – 278
  14. Jharkhand -27
  15. Karnataka – 260
  16. Kerala – 387
  17. Ladakh – 17
  18. Madhya Pradesh – 730
  19. Maharashtra – 2687
  20. Manipur – 2
  21. Meghalaya – 1
  22. Mizoram – 1
  23. Odisha – 60
  24. Puducherry – 7
  25. Punjab – 176
  26. Rajasthan – 969
  27. Tamil Nadu – 1204
  28. Telangana – 624
  29. Tripura – 2
  30. Uttarakhand – 37
  31. Uttar Pradesh – 660
  32. West Bengal – 213

To know the latest updates, visit the official government website

+ posts

Alongside her graduation, she is pursuing her passion for content writing. She is young, raw, and continuously thriving for the best. Her hobbies include debates and travelling. Despite these nerdy things, she also likes to netflix and chill.

Related Posts

Regulation and GST on Cryptocurrency in India – An optimistic approach?

“Satoshi Nakamoto” is a name that stormed the internet....

Amid Mass Layoffs, Is the fall of the Indian ed-tech industry inevitable?

The mass layoff by India’s top unicorn Byju’s was...

NFT Domains, what the heck are they? An introduction to Quik.com & ENS Domains

Before getting to the main question of what exactly...

Coworking, Explained.

TimesNext Recommended: BiggBang Coworking, the Best Coworking Space in...

GOI Forms Committees to Scrutinize Crypto Ads, Fake Reviews, and Ed-tech Firms

The government intends to tighten the noose to safeguard...

Global Bitcoin Use Will Reach 10% By 2030, Says Blockware

Bitcoin acceptance could be faster than that of previous disruptive...