- Personal Life
Indian fans love Indian soap opera bahus. The sweet, sanskaari, ideal family women are reflected in our bahus. Where gopi bahu became the queen of memes and Akshara lifeline of our aunties, Anandi, the lead of Balika Vadhu, was a sensation in Indian homes. Balika Vadhu was a progressive show which showed the setbacks and repercussions of child marriage. It dealt with the serious issue of child marriage in India. The adult Anandi was played by Pratyusha Banerjee. Let us dedicate this article to a phenomenal actress such as her.
Pratyusha Banerjee – Personal Life
Pratyusha Banerjee was born on 10 August 1991 in Jamshedpur Bihar, which is now in Jharkhand. She was born to Soma and Shankar Banerjee. She completed her schooling from Jharkhand and left the place in 2010 to work in the industry.
She grabbed the role of Anandi in Balika Vadhu from Avika Gor when the character in the show turned 18. She was chosen by a talent hunt show and was up against Nivedita Tiwari and Ketaki Chitale. The show was a success, and she became the heartthrob of daily soap fans. Toral Rasputra later replaced her. Her sudden departure from the show was unexpected and was not appreciated by admirers, but they warmed up to Toral after her commendable work. Pratyusha did not state a reason for her departure, but the channel reported that they were not able to set the shooting schedule as it was getting too hectic, and they respect her perspective of taking a break. Pratyusha then went on to participate in Jhalak Dikhla Jaa and Bigg Boss. She left Jhalak Dikhla Jaa due to some health issues.
She also participated in Power Couple with her boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh. She acted in Sasural Simar Ka, Hum Hain Na, and Gulmohar Grand.
Pratyusha Banerjee – Career
Pratyusha did some pivotal roles during her acting career. The list below provides a brief about her notable works.
- Balika Vadhu: Balika Vadhu was a soap opera that aired on Colors TV from 2008 to 2016. It was the first fictional show to complete 2000 episodes. The show dealt with the orthodox tradition of child marriages in rural India. It depicted the problems that arise in child marriage. The show had two seasons; season two focused on the life of Anandi’s daughter Nandini, who was also a Balika Vadhu.
- Hum Hain Na: Hum Haina was a daily soap opera that aired on Sony TV. It focused on the main character Bunty and his relationship with his family.
- Sasural Simar Ka: Sasural Simar Ka was a soap opera aired on Colors TV. The show started as a story of two sisters Simar and Roli. Simar wanted to be a dancer against her parent’s wishes. Due to some reason, Roli gets married to the man Simar was supposed to marry. The show then takes several time leaps and invites many supernatural characters.
- Gulmohar Grand: Gulmohar Grand was a mini-series aired on Star Plus. It was centered around a hotel, and every episode had a different story.
- Jhalak Dikhla Jaa: Jhalak Dikhla Jaa is the Indian version of Dancing with the stars. The show had celebrities as contestants paired with a choreographer. They performed each week relevant to the theme of the week. It aired on Colors TV. SHe left the show due to health issues.
- Bigg Boss: Pratyusha was a contestant on popular reality show Bigg Boss season seven hosted by Salman Khan. She was a prominent player in the show who could not win the show.
Pratyusha Banerjee’s Death
Pratyusha Banerjee was found dead in her Mumbai flat by her friend, Rahul Raj Singh. She was found hanging in her apartment, and her death was caused by asphyxia. Pratyusha Banerjee’s death was confirmed on 1st April 2016. The death was ruled as suicide. Police detained Pratyusha’s boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, under the accusation of abuse of Pratyusha, which lead to her depression and suicide. The case is still in court.