Getting ready for your Selenium interview and don’t know how to prepare for it? Here, in this article, we have listed the top 10 Selenium Interview questions that you can prepare before your final interview round, both for freshers as well as experienced individuals.
The automation web testing tool, Selenium, has earned its spot in the rising demand for Selenium automation testers due to the constant fall of manual testing, which can be time-consuming, prone to errors, and even tedious. The automation testing tool has made the task quicker, errorless, and much more straightforward.
What is Selenium?
Selenium is a portable framework designed for automation testing of web applications that provides a playback tool for authoring functional tests without the compulsion of learning a test scripting language. The automated open-source testing tool comes in a set as a software suite comprising of the following elements, where each serves its purpose:
- Selenium Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Selenium Remote Control (RC)
- Selenium Grid
Note: The 2018 launched software, released under Apache License 2.0, can be accessed on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Top 10 Selenium Interview Questions and Answers
Q1. What is Automation Testing?
Ans. Automation Testing is a process of making the manual process to test web applications or systems under test, a completely automated process. It involves the usage of a separate testing tool that allows you to develop test scripts that can be executed repeatedly without any need for manual intervention.
Q2. Why pick Selenium over other testing tools? (Benefits)
Ans. You should pick Selenium over other testing tools as:
- It is a free and open-source software
- It has a broad user base including significant assisting communities
- It is compatible with Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
- It has cross-browser compatibility for Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.
- It supports multiple programming languages like Java, C#, Ruby, Python, Pearl, and more.
- It has new and regular repository developments.
Q3. What is the exception test in Selenium?
Ans. An exception is an event that takes place while the execution of the program that hinders the test case stops during the performance. An exception test removes the exception element and throws it into a test class.
To run the test, @Test annotation, and name the exception, you will be required by mentioning it in the parameters.
For Example–> @Test(expectedException = NoSuchElementException.class)
Q4. What are the types of tests supported by Selenium? Name.
Ans. The types of tests supported by Selenium are Functional & Regression, after which Jenkins, Hudson, Quick Build & CruiseCont can be used for post-release validation.
Q5. How to identify web elements accurately using locators in Selenium?
Ans. You can identify web elements accurately and ideally with the use of the different type of locators in Selenium that are:
- CSS Selector
- PartialLink Text
Ans. We can scroll down a page by making use of the window.scrollBy() function.
Q7. What are the constraints of Selenium?
Ans. Selenium comes under the following constraints or limitations that are:
- You can only test web applications using Selenium
- You cannot test mobile applications using Selenium
- You can only generate reports from Selenium using third-party tools like TestNG or JUnit
- You cannot check Captcha or Barcode readers using Selenium
- The user must hold prior programming language understanding
- being a free tool, Selenium provides support and assistance via Selenium helping communities instead of having a vendor support care unit
Q8. What is the difference between assert & verify commands?
Ans. Assert command & Verify command; both check if the given condition is true or false. However, if a given condition is false, the execution stops in Assert command. Contrary, the execution process doesn’t stop in Verify command, no matter what, if the condition is true or false.
Q9. What four parameters you must pass in Selenium?
Ans. The four parameters that you must pass in Selenium are:
- port Number
Q10. What is the difference between single & double slash in X-path?
Ans. Single slash (/) allows you to:
- Start selection from the document node
- Create ‘absolute’ path expressions
Double slash (//) allows you to:
- Start selection matching anyplace in the document
- Create ‘relative’ path expressions
These were the top 10 Selenium Interview questions that you must have an understanding of if you are going to attend an interview for the job. You can also give an additional reading top more such deep questions related to Selenium if you want to prepare more for your interview. We these questions help you excel at your Selenium interview.