The Indian government has everything for its citizens. No matter if you are a struggling startup owner(1) or a widow. Many of us are aware of IGNWPS, Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme, or as we popularly know it, Vidhwa Pension Yojana.
Though we all are aware of the Vidhwa pension yojana but still many widows out, there are not taking benefit of this scheme.
The Vidhwa pension scheme was specially made for all the widows to get some benefits for themselves.
However, despite being a beneficiary scheme, many of us are still not aware of this. That is why here in today’s article, we will uncover all the details about the Vidhwa pension scheme.
Vidhwa Pension Scheme
The widow pension scheme is a policy for widows so that they can be benefitted. Anyone who wants to register for this scheme has to do it via a prescribed form.
Earlier, the responsibility of the successful implementation of this scheme was centralized, but in the 1993 amendment act, it was decentralized.
Now, the local bodies have to look after the application process, granting process, and the pension distribution process.
That is why the several state governments and the Uttar Pradesh Government launched Vidhwa Pension Yojana in the name of Widow Pension Scheme.
Benefits of the Vidhwa Pension Scheme!
Any widow who is registered under this scheme will get the following benefits:
- The applicant or registered widow is offered financial aid.
- The applicant receives INR 300 Rs per month right after her husband dies.
- Your pension will be directly transferred to your account.
- Any applicant/widow who is above 80 years of age will get INR 500 Rs.
NOTE: The pension amount is different for the different Indian States.
What is the Eligibility Criteria?
Not everyone can apply for the Vidhwa pension scheme. Anyone who wishes to do so has to fulfill the following requirements.
- The applicant widow’s age must be between 18-60 years.
- The family income of the applicant widow should not be more than INR 10,000 Rs.
- The applicant widow should not be married again.
NOTE: The eligibility criteria for the different Indian States are different.
What are the required documents?
Along with the simple registration form, there are certain documents that an applicant must keep ready before applying for the Vidhwa pension scheme.
Below is the entire list of all those documents that you must keep ready.
- The birth certificate of the applicant
- Your passport size photos
- The BPL (Below Poverty Line) Ration Card
- The income certificate of the applicant
- Passbook of the bank
- The death certificate of the husband of the applicant
NOTE: The list of required documents is different for the different Indian States.
How can you apply for the Vidhwa Pension Scheme?
Here is a step-by-step guide for applying for the Widow Pension Scheme.
1) Online Mode
1: Firstly, Go and visit the official government website of the State you live in.
2: Secondly, Go to the menu and select the option to download the form for the scheme.
3: Download and fill the form.
4: Lastly, After you fill the form, submit it to the nearest Janpad Panchayat Officer.
2) Offline Mode
STEP 1: Firstly, Visit the office of the commissioner of the municipal corporation of your area.
STEP 2: Get the application form, fill it, and submit it.
NOTE: The offline procedure can vary for the different Indian States.
FAQs about The Vidhwa Pension Scheme!
1) How much pension do widows get under the Widow Pension Scheme?
The amount of the pension if not fixed. It is different in the different states of India.
2) Does the woman get her husband’s state pension after he dies?
If the husband dies, then the entitlement of the state pension may pass to the wife, but she may get an extra allowance if she is entitled to it, and she reaches the age of state pension.
3) How can you check your Vidhwa pension status online?
To check the status of your Vidhwa Pension, Check your Pension Payment Order, PPO status given by the Central Pension Accounting Office beneath the Ministry of Finance. You can enter your 12 Digit PPO Number to check the pension status online.