- Virat Kohli – Early Life
- Virat Kohli – Early Career
- Virat Kohli – International Career
- Virat Kohli Personal Life Facts
- Virat Kohli Latest News
Virat Kohli, the current captain of Indian cricket team is regarded as one of the best batsmen in the world. Virat Kohli first came into the limelight after the Indian Under-19 cricket team won the world cup in his captaincy. He is now best known for his batting and his aggression on the field. This 31-year-old batsman already has 70 centuries in all cricketing formats. Here are some of the things you need to know about Virat Kohli.
Virat Kohli – Early life
Virat Kohli celebrates his birthday on 5 November. He was born in 1988, in Delhi, India. His family is from Delhi. His father, Prem Kohli was a criminal lawyer and his mother, Saroj Kohli, is a housewife. Virat Kohli has an older brother and an older sister. His brother’s name is Vikas and the name of Virat Kohli’s sister is Bhavna. Kohli was raised in Uttam Nagar and started his schooling at Vishal Bharti Public School.
Virat Kohli’s father passed away on 18 December 2006 due to a stroke after being bed-ridden for a month. Virat Kohli was playing his Ranji match at that time and after his father’s demise, he scored 90 runs against Karnataka.
Virat Kohli stated in an interview that his father was his biggest support. Losing his father at a very young age was a very tough time for him.
Virat Kohli – Early Career
Virat Kohli first played for the under-15 team. Then in 2006, he was selected in India Under-19 team on its tour of England. He was great in that series with an average of 105 in the three-match ODI series. Virat Kohli made his first-class debut for Delhi against Tamil Nadu at the age of 18 and scored 10 in his debut inning.
In April 2007, he made his T20 debut and finished as the highest run-scorer for his team in the Inter-state T20 Championship with 179 runs at the average of 35.80. In February 2008, Virat Kohli captained the Indian team at the 2008 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup held in Malaysia. He scored 235 runs in 6 matches at an average of 47. He scored 19 runs against South Africa in the final which India won by 12 runs.
After the Under-19 World Cup, Kohli was bought by the Indian Premier League franchise Royal Challengers Bangalore for $30,000 on a youth contract.
In August 2008, he was included in the Indian ODI squad for the tour of Sri Lanka and the Champions Trophy in Pakistan. Kohli batted as Opener against Sri Lanka throughout the series as both Indian openers Virender Sehwag and Sachin Tendulkar were injured at that time. He made his international debut at the age of 19, in the first ODI and was dismissed on 12. In December 2008, Kohli was given a Grade-D contract in the annual BCCI contracts list.
Virat Kohli – International Career
- Virat Kohli was ICC’s ODI player of the year in 2012.
- He has scored 7202 runs in the tests in 84 matches with the average of 54.97 with 27 centuries,
- He has scored 11609 runs in ODIs in 242 matches with an average of 59.84 with 43 centuries.
- In T20, he has 2633 runs in 75 matches with an average of 52.66.
- He is currently the number 1 batsman in both Test and ODI ICC cricket rankings.
- He is currently at no.2 in scoring most centuries after Sachin Tendulkar at the top.
- He is currently captaining team India in all 3 formats of the cricket.
- He is currently the most successful captain of India with the most number of wins.
- He is also the captain of IPL franchise Royal Challengers Bangalore at this time.
- He is the most expensive player in IPL.
Virat Kohli Personal life Facts
- Virat Kohli is quite famous in the youngsters not just for his cricket but for his marriage, hairstyle, tattoo, beard, etc.
- Virat Kohli’s nickname is Cheeku. It was given to him by his team-mates during the start of his career.
- Virat Kohli has 9 tattoos on his body. He has 1 tattoo of his parent’s name, 1 of Lord Shiva, 1 of Monastery, the tattoo of ODI and Test cap number, 1 tattoo of Tribal Art, one is the zodiac sign of Virat Kohli that is Scorpio, 1 of Japanese Samurai. 1 of God’s Eye and the last is the Om symbol.
- Virat Kohli’s beard and his hairstyle are also quite famous in youngsters and many of them copy his style of beard and hairstyle too.
- The height of Virat Kohli is not very much. He is 1.75 m tall. Virat Kohli height in feet is 5’9”.
- Virat Kohli is quite active on social media. Virat Kohli Instagram handle name is virat.kohli and has 46.2 Million followers. He has 29.4 Million followers on twitter with the twitter handle of @imvkohli. Many people use hashtags of Virat Kohli to gain more and more likes on their pictures because he is very famous.
Virat Kohli Net Worth
Virat Kohli’s net worth is of about $25 million that is Rs 174 crore in 2019 which led him to rank 100 in the world’s highest-paid celebrity list.
Virat Kohli Wife
Virat Kohli is married to Anushka Sharma. Virat Kohli Anushka Sharma wedding took place in Italy. Virat Kohli’s wedding was kept secret and news of their marriage was declared by themselves. Virat Kohli’s wife is the Indian Bollywood actress.
Virat Kohli’s house was in Delhi but after getting married to Anushka Sharma, he moved to Mumbai with his wife.
Virat Kohli has very great fitness so he has to be very conscious of his diet plan. He has become vegan so he is currently on the vegan diet which means he does not consume any product of animals or any dairy product.
Virat Kohli Latest News
- Virat Kohli and his team just finished their ODI and T20 series with West Indies and won both at home.
- Virat Kohli was recently seen at a shelter home in Kolkata dresses up as Santa to celebrate Christmas with them.