- Introduction to Facebook Marketplace
- Facebook Marketplace Categories
- Things to Keep in Mind
- Advantages of Facebook Marketplace
- How to Sell on Facebook Marketplace as a BigCommerce Merchant
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facebook Marketplace Categories and Rules
- Final Note
Introduction to Facebook Marketplace
Previously, the Facebook marketplace (1) was only available for peer-to-peer shopping. However, Facebook Marketplace categories have now expanded to merchant sellings as well. The place gives brands several opportunities and chances to capitalize on their interactions that are already on Facebook.
Over millions of people use Facebook Marketplace every month to browse, purchase, or sell various goods. Facebook Marketplace categories also allow retailers to sell their primary products on a platform from which the customers are already shopping. In short, the Facebook marketplace is a convenient platform for people to discover, purchase, and sell items. They can find their desire item using various filters, including location, category, and price.
Facebook Marketplace Categories
Here are various Facebook Marketplace categories:
- Home and Garden
People could select specific facebook marketplace Categories or manually search for one.
Things to Keep in Mind
There are things that you must keep in mind while selling from Facebook Marketplace categories.
Your orders must be shipped within 03 days and should be delivered within the next 07 days. Hence, make sure you keep your inventory updated to avoid any issues regarding supply and demand, especially if you are selling homemade items.
Further, it would be best if you also kept in mind that not all e-commerce partners are in sync with Facebook Marketplace. Here are some of the ecommerce partners of Facebook Marketplace.
Like any sales channel, you will receive various questions from shoppers interested in buying your goods. Further, Facebook Marketplace categories are still a new concept for many customers, so keep your keep patience and answer the consumers’ questions professionally and timely. Be ready for lots of communications with buyers!
Advantages of Facebook Marketplace
There are several advantages of selling products on Facebook Marketplace:
- Retailers on Facebook Marketplace categories get their brands and products listed
- It helps your business find the right customers and provide them a personalized experience.
- Means, your product is seen by the target audience, resulting in more opportunity for an interaction that could finally lead to a purchase.
How to Sell on Facebook Marketplace as a BigCommerce Merchant
Selling on Facebook Marketplace is very, but the process is different for big-commerce merchants and individuals. You only need to set up your account for Facebook marketplace categories and sync it with your store. There you will have an instant presence along with sales. Make sure your inventory is sorted and accurate before you get started on Facebook Marketplace.
Here are the steps to set up your Facebook Marketplace:
- Navigate your Channel Manager on your BigCommerce store control panel and select the icon of Facebook
- Then you will see a box that outlines the rules of Facebook Marketplace
- Next, select the I’m interested button to continue.
- Then, you will be in the review process of the Facebook marketplace. In the review, they determine whether your products are eligible for Facebook Marketplace or not.
- The Facebook Marketplace review process usually takes less than a week.
Currently, Facebook Marketplace is only allowing the sells of goods from the below categories:
- Men Clothing
- Women Apparel
- Baby and Kids
- Bags and Luggage
- Women Beauty
- Home and Furnishing
Frequently Asked Questions
Ensure you know all the rules of the Facebook Marketplace categories since it is a big decision. Before you start selling your items on this channel, you must know how the system works with your ecommerce provider.
1. Does Facebook charge for Marketplace?
No, listing on Facebook Marketplace categories is free.
2. How to download the Facebook marketplace?
It is inbuilt on your Facebook app and web portal.
3. How to increase your sales on Facebook Marketplace?
There are several ways to attract more sellers to your Facebook Marketplace categories:
- Optimize your listing
- Add more keywords in the title and description
- Write a longer story with more details about your product
- Hire a professional photographer for your merchandise
Facebook Marketplace Categories and Rules
You cannot sell certain products on Facebook Marketplace categories. Here is the list of items that are not for sale on Facebook Marketplace.
- Adult products
- Adult services
- Digital media
- Electronics devices
- Event tickets
- Gift cards
- Healthcare items
- Illegal, prescription, recreational drugs
- Tobacco, Tobacco products
- Unsafe supplements
- Weapons, ammunition, explosives
The items you sell must be physical. Means, you can’t sell anything of Facebook Marketplace like housekeeping services, news, etc. The photos of your merchandise must match the title and description you give it. Further, you can’t post pictures of before and after, for example, weight loss, beauty cream, etc.
Facebook has gone to a great length to make sure that Facebook Marketplace categories are safe for buyers and sellers.
There is a lot more competition in the market than it was previously. Hence, merchants are looking for new channels to diversify their sales, including their existing networks and online portals. Facebook Market place is an excellent place for buyers and sellers to reach the people already there.
Want to sell your products on Amazon? Read everything about Amazon FBA here.