Be it Web 3.0 or Metaverse, NFT domains are playing a huge role in building the internet of tomorrow. Quik.com makes minting your first .metaverse domains easier than ever.
The advent of Web 3.0 and Metaverse has made a significant breakthrough toward the web’s next iteration. It unlocks new possibilities with more security, transparency, and less centralization.
The moment has come for businesses to be a part of this brave new world. Quik.com can help you get started with your metaverse journey.
Why Should You Care About Metaverse?
The term metaverse has been around for more than a decade, but it gained massive popularity only back in October 2021 when Facebook rebranded itself as Meta. Moreover, major businesses and global brands have already started incorporating the concept into their long-term plans.
It begs questions like what a metaverse is and whether we should care about it. In a simple term, the metaverse is a virtual world where everyone can interact with one another without any restraints of the physical world. Yes, it is a science-fiction making into reality.
You can set up your stores, galleries, and offices within this digital world that people can access using virtual reality headsets. It is like unlocking a brand new world with endless possibilities.
Though the technology is still nascent, you can already perform several actions in the metaverse. It includes networking, investing, doing business, and even shopping for real estate and more. There seem to be no limitations on what we could do in a metaverse.
The Role NFT Domains Play in Metaverse
NFT domains are domain names based on blockchain that signifies their ownership. Each of them is minted and sold similar to your average NFT, independent of any centralized entities. Unlike traditional domain names, they offer a slew of functionalities:
- Metaverse domains simplify crypto transactions by replacing cumbersome, hard-to-remember crypto wallet addresses with a domain name.
- There is no involvement of any central entity, and you have 100% ownership of your NFT domain at no renewal fees.
- Use them as a universal user name across Web 3.0 and virtual worlds, including DApps, gaming, social media platforms, etc.
- Build and host decentralized apps and websites on top of these crypto domains.
We can extend all of the features blockchain domains offered into the metaverse. There are different virtual worlds, and NFT domains allow us to jump from one to another seamlessly, along with all our digital assets and data. In other words, metaverse domains enable data portability on the internet of tomorrow.
Since you can use your NFT domains as digital identity, they are also your personalized passport in the metaverse. These use cases make them a crucial innovation toward building a truly decentralized web.
Many of us missed the opportunity with cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, wishing we had only learned about them much earlier. Although we missed that bus, there is another chance with metaverse domains.
If you know the dot com hype back in the early 2000s, you likely already know the importance of domains. We expect even a bigger hype with blockchain domains since they have utility to both businesses and individuals. In fact, many experts predict that NFY domains will be the biggest digital asset class in the upcoming years.
The NFT domain you mint or buy on Quik.com is also censorship-resistant, offers 100% ownership, and allows users to move from Web 2.0 to Web 3.0.
Some major features Quik domains offer:
- No renewal fees, 100% ownership
- Access to Web 3.0
- Lifetime royalties of about 5 to 10% to minters
- Host your DApps and websites
Mint Your .Metaverse Domain on Quik.com
Here’s how you can mint your own .metaverse domain on Quik:
- Log in or sign up to Quik using your meta mask wallet
- Check the availability of the .metaverse domain you prefer using Quik’s intuitive search system
- If the domain name of your choice is available, you can directly purchase it or mint it from the drop-down menu
- Approve the purchase or mint transaction on your meta mask wallet
- The domain name will appear on your Quik profile once the transaction is complete
Besides .metaverse, Quik offers various other TLDs, top-level domains like .vr, .chain, .i, .btc, .doge, .shib, .bored, .address, .web 3. But remembe each of these TLDs has only 1k to 20k domain limit.
If you don’t start today, you may miss out on your favorite domain. Go to Quik.com now and get minting!