- Information Required
- Online Passport Status Tracking Procedure
- mPassport Seva App Tracking
- Offline Passport Status Tracking Procedure
- Passport Status Tracking Via UMANG App
You can now quickly track your passport application with a few simple steps. You will require the following information to verify your passport status:
- Passport file number (the 15-digit number you get after the submission of your passport application)
- Date of birth
Online Passport Status Tracking Procedure
You can track your passport through the official web portal of Indian passport. (1). Here are the steps you could follow:
- Visit the Official website
- Select ‘Track your Application Status’ tab
- Among the listed option from the drop-down menu, select the type of your application.
- Next, enter your 15-digit file number and your date of birth as per the format.
- Click on ‘Track Status.’
- The current status of your passport application will be displayed on screen.
mPassport Seva App Tracking
The Government of India has also developed the mPassport Seva App. Here you could also track the status of your application. It is available for download on platforms like Android and iOS. Access real-time updates on your passport application after you register on the app. Here are the details you require to track your passport:
- Application file number
- Date of Birth
Offline Passport Status Tracking Procedure
Here are several ways you could use to track your passport application offline by following offline methods:
- National Call Centre: You could call the National Call Centre to speak with the Citizen Service Executive. You could reach them by their toll-free number 18002581800 between 8:00 am to 10:00 pm. You could also receive updates on your application via their Automated Interactive Voice Response (IVRS) facility. It is available 24/7, and you can use it during non-working hours.
- Via SMS: You could also send an SMS from your registered mobile number to get an update on your passport application. To know your application status send “STATUS FILE NUMBER” to 9704100100. Note that the SMS service is a paid service that you can opt for at the time of application submission.
- Via Helpdesk: You could visit a Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or email them for an update on your passport application.
Passport Status Tracking Via UMANG App
You could also track your passport application via the UMANG app. It is interesting to know that you could get 334 services from 64 departments in 17 states from the application.
Need to update your AADHAR Card? Click Here