Ratan Naval Tata is one name in the Indian business industry that is known all over the world. An Indian industrialist, investor, philanthropist, and a former chairman of Tata Sons and Tata Group, Ratan Tata is probably the most humble person you’ll ever come across or read about.
He joined the company in 1961 and was the successor to J. R. D. Tata after his retirement in 1991, and during Ratan’s chairmanship of 21 years, revenues of the company grew over 40 times, and profits over 50 times. He turned the India-centric group into a global business when he got Tata Tea to acquire Tetley, Tata Motors to acquire Jaguar Land Rover, and Tata Steel to acquire Corus. Ratan Tata is a wise man who understands the industry as well as guides young entrepreneur with his motivational quotes and his positive thinking.
Ratan Tata quotes have been inspiring many entrepreneurs to have a positive attitude towards the plans they make and how to wish to go ahead and work on their business model. In his early life, Ratan Tata studied in various schools such as Campion School, Cathedral and John Connon School followed by Bishop Cotton School in Shimla. In 1955, he graduated from Riverdale Country School, New York City, and pursued architecture from Cornell University. After joining the family business in 1975, he attended a seven-week Advanced Management Program at Harvard Business School.
Here are the top 10 inspirational quotes by Ratan Tata:
1. “Ups and downs in life are very important to keep us going because a straight line, even in an E.C.G. means we are not alive.”
2. “I don’t believe in taking the right decisions. I take decisions and then make them right.”
3. “If you want to walk fast, walk alone. But if you want to walk far, walk together.”
4. “Take the stones people throw at you. And use them to build a monument.”
5. “Power and wealth are not two of my main stakes.”
6. “None can destroy iron, but its rust can. Likewise, none can destroy a person, but his own mindset can.”
7. “I may have hurt some people along the way, but I would like to be seen as somebody who has done his best to do the right thing for any situation and not compromised.”
8. “The day I am not able to fly will be a sad day for me.”
9. “Don’t be serious, enjoy life as it comes.”- speech by Mr. Ratan Tata at Symbiosis, Pune
10. “A person who is trying to copy others will be a successful person for a while, but he won’t be able to succeed further in life.”