- How to apply for Caste Certificate online?
- How to apply for Caste Certificate offline?
- Documents required
- What is Central Caste Certificate?
A Caste Certificate is an authorized certificate that proves you belong to a particular caste. This is to avail benefits given to Scheduled Castes and Tribes by the Indian government. Indian government felt that certain castes are discriminated in our society, and to uplift them, they are provided some privileges such as fee waivers, reserved seats in legislation, and other institutes. To prove your category, a person needs to submit the cast certificate authorized by the Indian government. Caste Certificate and Caste validity are often confused with each other; the former state your category while the latter validates your Caste Certificate.
How to apply for Caste Certificate online?
At present, only a few state governments provide an online facility for the Caste Certificate application. To check the online availability, you should visit the Official Backward Class Welfare Department portal of the state. Below are the steps to apply for Caste Certificate online:
- Open Google and search for Backward Class Welfare Portal of your state. You will see the website, click on it.
- After the portal is open, you will see the link “Apply for Caste Certificate Online.”
- Click on the link and register yourself by creating an account, then only you will be able to fill your application form.
- After you complete registering yourself, log into your account using your username and Password.
- You will now see a form, fill all the details correctly, and verify them. After checking everything, if you agree with the terms and conditions, click on the button.
- After completing the form, you will get the option of uploading the documents. Once you upload all the documents carefully, enter the submit button.
- Yow will receive an application number, keep it safe with you. You will also get a receipt.
- The application number will help you track the status of your application.
- Once your application is approved, you will be able to download your certificate from the portal directly.
- To check your application status, you can use the “Check Caste Certificate Status” button and enter the application number to get details.
How to Apply for Caste Certificate offline?
To get the Caste Certificate by offline method, a person has to visit the Tehsil/revenue office/SDM office or SETU centers. Follow the steps below to apply offline:
- The first thing you need to do is to visit your nearest Tehsil.
- Take an application form from the office and fill all the details asked. In the Caste section, you have to fill in the details of your father’s caste certificate. If your father is not alive, you can fill the details of any other blood relative to prove your category.
- Select the caste you are applying for in the form.
- If you are a migrant from a different state, you need to provide that information in the form.
- Complete the self-declaration and paste your photo on the form. You should also provide a local reference for communication.
- Once the application is complete, please fill all the forms and submit them with the required documents. The original records should be kept with you only.
- The whole process will take around 30 days.
Acquiring a Caste Certificate is not an easy task. You have to provide evidence to prove your ethnicity. The documents mentioned in this section are standard for all caste certificates.
- Identity Proof: Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, RSBY Card, MNREGA Card.
- Address Proof: Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Bill Water, Bill Telephone, Passport Electricity, Bill Ration Card, 7/12 Extract, Rent Receipt.
- Affidavit for Caste Certificate.
- Proof of Caste or Blood Relative: An extract of Primary school register that shows record of applicants’ father or grandfather, you can also provide Primary School Leaving Certificate of the applicant or applicant’s father, Other documents that will work are an extract of Birth Register of applicant/his father/blood relative, Government Service Record (book) that mentions community/category of applicant/father/blood relative, any document certifying caste authorized by the department of social justice, A Validity Certificate if any exist of applicant’s father/relative issued by scrutiny committee, a Copy of village panchayat records, Any relevant documentary that proves your category from a competent authority.
- In some cases, additional documents are required, such cases are when you are applying for the certificate after marriage if you have converted your religion or you have migrated from some other state.
What is Central Caste Certificate?
There is no significant difference between a caste certificate and a central caste certificate. The only difference is their formats, the formats of both the certificates are different. To get a Central Caste Certificate, you need to go to the office which provides Central Caste Certificates. You will have to download the template of the Central Caste Certificate and submit it after filling all the details. Go to the Tehsil from where you got your Caste Certificate and receive your Central Caste Certificate.