Marketing Job is never done, It’s about the endless activity. Never forget two things, UPDATE and INNOVATE.
Let’s start with some of the examples of brands which are using Instagram Marketing to their fullest:
Charmboard is the World’s introductory in-video spotting platform that facilitates the discovery of merchandises from within a video through a modest touch. Sort of like Lifestyle and Luxury online shopping store which allow its users to merely tap on stuff within a video that concerns them and find out where to buy them.
2. Shaadi Saga
India’s extensively adored wedding planning outlet. Find counted wedding merchants, discover nicest notions to planning tips and everything associated with a wedding from photographer to decorators and more.
This is a fresh hair gain oil startup by Jahanvi Karwal. They develop the best ayurvedic hair oil and accompaniments. The significant mixture of unique herbs containing Bringha, Amla, Aloe vera, Tulsi aids in curbing hair casualty & vigorously stimulates new hair growth. It is all chemical-free and homemade.
4. Missa More Clothing
Its India’s Instagram Fashion Store specialised in women’s apparel, aspiring to make sure that style meets solace. They initiated a distinct marketing ploy of travelling around the world with India’s renowned influencers and bloggers.
Now the big Question arises, what is Instagram Marketing?
Instagram marketing is one of the tools of Social Media Marketing.
When Instagram first banged onto the scene before in 2010, it was just like any other social media platform: compressed with photos, videos, and images of food and other stuff.
Fast-forward to 2020 and the modification from an ordinary picture-sharing application to a full-on marketing tunnel is nearly perfect.
Just have a glance at some of the best and recent features it delivers. In the past year solely, it has floated dozens of different tools for brands, influencers, startups, comprising advanced analytics, shoppable posts, Instagram reels and fresh ways to drive traffic from Stories, and the unique standalone video forum, IGTV. It is like all in one package!
Whether you are from the food industry, travel and tourism, clothing, education, or media and publishing, electronics or any industry you can think of you can easily use Instagram Marketing as one of the tools for advertising not only your product but most grandly your brand.
It pays to create an existence on this platform but if you truly want to get ahead, you need to know your audience as well as your tool entirely, comprising what sort of content is the most trending or relatable to the audience, how to formulate an Instagram strategy, and how to track your Key performing areas and your analytics.
Instagram stimulates ideation, expression, and innovation for its users. It has grabbed the eye of businesses looking to engage with the platform’s massive audience database. Promoting on Instagram establishes chances for startups to associate with an audience that is much aware, more enthusiastic, and more inclined to contribute to brand promotions.
Instagram furnishes us with all the characteristics that you want to generate in a market for your business. This is the exclusive explanation of why Instagram is one of the most prominent platforms for marketing your business. Isn’t it all remarkable right?
But before selecting any platform we must look at the pros and cons of the provided outlet to make the adequate decision possible for the brand.
Pros/Advantages of Instagram Marketing:
- Instagram has a huge rate of Engagement– Instagram can lend you with elevated engagement rates because of its ever-thriving sum of active users. In fact, Instagram has extensively engaged users correlated to any other social media networking site. A social media engagement research documented that brands see a median engagement rate of 0.09% per Facebook post, in comparison to a 1.60% median engagement rate per post on Instagram, apart from this the follower growth rate is much greater than the follower growth on Twitter. People just scroll, tap to like, comment, and just share with anybody they want to.
- Instagram associates to your target audience the most– Instagram is convinced to be one of the fastest-growing social media networking. As of the data provided in January 2020, Instagram has close to 1 billion monthly active users. It is a tremendous number, just behind Facebook with 2.6 billion effective users but ahead of Pinterest with 332 million active users and Twitter with 68 million active users. People post like 95 million pictures every day. The like button blows an average of 4.2 billion times per day. Nearly 63% of the users browse the application once a day and 42% open the application multiple times in a single day. Over 130 million users engage with shopping posts on a monthly basis. The audience reach is thriving day by day and soon Instagram will overcome Facebook in terms of active users.
- Instagram enables you to post your content easily– Instagram helps the audience to post their content at any moment, from any location provided they have an Internet connection and a smart device. You can also just link your Instagram account with your other social media accounts like Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr etc to associate your accounts.
- Instagram renders a visual articulation for your business– Instagram is one of the nicest platforms for visual marketing for your business or your brand. You just have to post eye-catching pictures, videos, stories or reels and it will automatically steer to an improvement in visibility and sales of the commodity. Presently the audience is more inclined to engage with content that has visuals rather than barely plain stories. Your brand should deliver an extraordinary photo which pertains to your vision, use impressive captions, and follow fresh trends as well as hashtags for more attention. Being able to submit remarkable visuals articulations for your brand fosters your audience to promptly bind with you and your product.
- Instagram allows you to respond more quickly to your audience– People are more likely to trust your brand if you connect with them. If you are in the marketing committee for your brand, you must be active in your niche. You need to make certain that you acknowledge your audience’s messages as well as their comments. Smartphones have made it easier to respond anytime and anywhere. It is a two-path street between you and your target audience. Currently what brands do is they repost the stories, posts and videos of the feedback or the person consuming it so as to produce a hype in the market that we will share your post you just have to tag us.
- Instagram can effortlessly boost your reach– Whatever you post on Instagram is going to stay on the platform perpetually unless you are not discarding or deleting it. It has been quoted that hashtags help in increasing reach the most but choosing the right hashtag is the key to reach the maximum audience. Just make sure that your posts strive as well as it is noticeable to your target audience. You can use up to 30 hashtags per post, but it is advisable to use only the related ones rather than exhibiting all 30 which is not at all associated with the post. They provide you insights below every post so that you can monitor and regulate your performance.
Cons/Disadvantages of Instagram Marketing:
The main disadvantage that comes to mind is probably that Instagram is not a platform that just focuses on businesses. Usually, people use Instagram to pass time and connect with other people. There is only a small percentage of people or users who have the intention of buying something that they see on their news feed.
- The biggest pro can become the biggest con– The crucial feature of Instagram is to post content with pictures which implies you need to be very thorough of the pictures that you post on. Because it will attract or distract your audience. Poor impressions will cause people to just skip your page in their feed and not read the messages in your description box so you’ve to make sure that you attract the attention in the initial 10 seconds of your audience.
- Not everybody uses Instagram– You should not exclusively depend on one platform for the marketing of your product/service because it will restrict the user that you can leverage asserting that you won’t be able to attain your target audience. That is why it is proposed to utilize other platforms as well to intensify brand awareness.
- Constraints to your content– On Instagram, you are only authorized to upload the videos that are about 1 minute lengthy in posts. In Instagram reels, you can post 15 seconds or 30 seconds’ long clip. Instagram ads are usually an exact square in size. There are not several things that you can put in your photos or content.
- Instagram posts do not endorse clickable links– It is not possible to share the link directly in your posts or if you want to land your audience to a new page outside of Instagram. Nobody copy-pastes your link and then browse it in google so better not leave one. So instead of a link, you need to speculate in a creative direction to tempt them to tour your website. You can just leave the link in the bio of your profile section the utmost.
Instagram Marketing and COVID-19:
Since the outbreak of COVID-19 and the governmental lockdown enforcements, there has been a huge rise in social media usage. It has skyrocketed to at least 20% and which has automatically led to boosted interactivity and engagement on social posts. Well, With the country mainly working from home and staying indoors to align with social distancing norms, the rise in social media activity is barely startling.
Even brands have altered their emphasis according to the established environment conditions and want of the audience. Many people have followed their passions and launched their own Instagram page or maybe their own business page. For instance, a dance page, an apparel startup, or maybe a quirky stationery startup, the list just goes on.
Try to recall any person in your friend circle who initiated their startup amidst lockdown. You will definitely discover one!
I would just like to conclude by saying Instagram Marketing is a tremendous tool for advertising your product but you’ve to comprehend the platform and your audience.