- Symbiosis SET Exam 2020 – Eligibility
- SET Exam 2020 – Reservation Criteria
- SET Exam 2020 – Important Dates
- SET Exam 2020 – Pattern
- Colleges that accept SET Exam Result and How to Apply
SET stands for Symbiosis Entrance Test, which is a national level entrance exam that is conducted by Symbiosis International (Deemed University) for admission to various undergraduate programs in the Symbiosis Institute. The exam takes place in May, and any candidate who is planning to appear for the exam should start preparing in advance. There are specific tips & tricks and exam day guidelines that you have to understand before you appear for the SET 2020 exam.
Symbiosis SET exam 2020 Eligibility
SET exam 2020 takes place every year for various undergraduate courses which include B.Tech, B.A.LL.B, BBA.LL.B, BA LLB (Hons.) & BBA LLB (Hons.), BBA, BBA (I.T.), B.Sc Economics (Hons.), Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Liberal Arts & Bachelor of Science (B. Sc) Liberal Arts and B.Des. The eligibility criteria for every course are mentioned on the website, which the users can check.
- Indians/Non-Resident Indians(NRI)/Foreign Nationals(FN)/Person of Indian Origin/OCI candidates are eligible to give the exam and for admission
- OCI/PIO/Foreign Nationals are exempted from appearing for the SET/SLAT/SITEEE/SEED 2020 exam, and they have to apply using Symbiosis Center for International Education.
- B.Tech.: 10+2 pass out with at least 45% marks in qualification and a good score in SET/JEE-Main/MHT-CET
- BA LLB & BBA LLB: 10+2 with at least 45% marks and those can apply who are waiting for the result.
- BA LLB(Hons.) & BBA LLB(Hons.): 10+2 pass out with minimum 45% marks.
- BBA: 10+2 pass with minimum 50% marks. For international students, Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE) will carry out the admissions.
- B.Sc.(Economics): 12th pass in any stream with minimum 50% marks.
- BA(Mass Communication): 10+2 (or diploma in the education pattern of 10+3) from any recognized State Board of Technical Education with minimum 50% marks.
- B.Des.: 10+2 (or diploma in education pattern 10+3) with 50% aggregate marks. Candidates appearing for 12th or last year diploma can also appear.
- BA/B.Sc.(Liberal Arts): 10+2 examination with a minimum of 50% passing marks. Diploma holders in International Baccalaureate (IB) (with predicted scores only) can also apply.
- B.Sc.(Culinary Arts): 10+2 examination with at least 50% passing marks.
- BBA(IT)/BCA: 10+2 or equivalent diploma in Engineering/Technology with minimum 50% marks.
SET 2020 Reservation Criteria
The reservations of the seats in the college for Indian students is as follows:
- Scheduled Caste(SC) – 15%
- Scheduled Tribe(ST) – 7.5%
- Differently-abled students – 3%
- Armed Forces Dependants(Wards of Serving or Retired) – 5%
- Kashmiri Migrants – 2 seats over and above the sanctioned intake
Note: 15% of seats are reserved for candidates who belong to Nagpur domicile.
SET exam 2020 Important Dates
1. SET exam registration starts from the last week of January 2020.
2. SET exam registration to end in the third week of April 2020.
3. SET admit cards are released in the last week of April 2020.
4. SET exam date is set in the first week of May 2020, which is held in CBT mode in 80 test cities.
5. SET exam 2020 result will come by the second week of May 2020, and it is released on the official website.
SET 2020 exam pattern
SET is a computer-based test where the candidates have to answer Multiple Choice Questions in 150 minutes. The questions will be marked as one mark per question, and the exam timings will be 2:30 pm to 5 pm. The exam will have four sections: General English, Quantitative, General Awareness, Analytical Ability, and Logical Reasoning.
Colleges that accept SET exam 2020 result and how to apply
The SET exam score is accepted by all Symbiosis International University’s institutes that are located in Pune and Noida. The application process for the exams is easy, as you have to fill the SET application form that is available on the official website by paying a fee of Rs.1500.
The SET admit card will be available for download a week before the exam, and the date for the same will be notified in advance, and then you have to appear for the SET exam. Once the results are out, the student will have to appear for SET WAT and PI rounds, and the admission will be granted based on the candidate’s overall performance in SET and WAT/PI.