- Overview and list of the UP scholarship
- Courses offered for Scholarship
- Eligibility Criteria & Financial Categories
- Mandatory Documents
- How to register for the Scholarship?
Every one of us has big dreams to fulfill and make our way through the top, and to promote each of your goals, the UP Social Welfare Department has come up with UP scholarship exam for class 9th to 12th. Moreover, it also renews and refreshes the previous scholarships offered.
A student can get Scholarship from the state government, which is indeed very useful for a student who doesn’t has enough resources yet try to study their best. This Scholarship is granted to the students who are part of the northern state curriculum, which has almost 2 lakh schools with several universities under them.
This Scholarship has numerous pre and post benefits for students of different categories, which is detailed below in the article, if you are curious and interested to gain these benefits then go ahead and follow the rules below to get your dreams going.
UP Scholarship: Overview & List
Many scholarships are provided by the UP Social Welfare Department through which students can be benefitted to a large extent and get help to fulfill their appropriate needs in the field of education.
- Organized by- UP Government
- Type of Scholarship- Pre and post-Metric
- Mode of Application- Online
- The pattern of exam- Offline
- Website- scholarship.up.nic.in
There are different types of Scholarship provided by the UP government under this scheme, and they are all listed below to come to aid to your needs.
- Pre-matric Scholarship is provided for the fresh students of every category who are giving the exam for the first time.
- Post matric intermediate scholarship exam for fresh students of every category.
- Pre matric scholarship for renewal of scholarships for every category student.
- Post matric intermediate scholarship for the renewal of students of every category.
- Post matric scholarship other than intermediate, for fresh students of every category.
- Post matric scholarship other intermediates, for renewal of students of every category.
These are the main exams that are being conducted by the UP government for students who wish to have a secure future with proper education.
Courses Offered For UP Scholarship
As you can read all the scholarships that are listed above, then you should also know the courses for which a candidate can apply by choosing it. One should be vigilant when selecting a class; it affects the future of a student to a large extent.
- Class 9th to 12th
- UG & PG courses
- Certificate Programs
- Diploma Exams
One has to choose UP government affiliated schools and colleges to attain these programs and scholarships.
Eligibility Criteria & Financial Status
UP Scholarship has different criteria for different courses and scholarships. One has to pay careful attention to these rules, or else even a single mistake can get you at a wrong turn, and one won’t be able to give these scholarships.
Moreover, financial status plays a significant role in having access to these scholarships, which are listed below accordingly.
Pre-matric scholarships for the students of General, SC/ST category
- Class 9th and 10th students belonging to any category can have access to these.
- The annual income of the student’s house shouldn’t be more than Rs. 1 Lakh.
Post-Matric Scholarship for students of General, SC/ST category
- Class 10th and 11th students belonging to any category are eligible for this Scholarship.
- The annual income of a general categorized student should not be more than Rs. 2 Lakhs, and for SC/ST category, the revenue should not be more than Rs. 2.5 Lakhs
Post-Matric UP Scholarship (other than Intermediate) for students of General, SC/ST category
- UG & PG or Ph.D. or any other higher-level student of any category has access to this Scholarship.
- The annual income for these students should not be more than Rs. 2Lakhs for the general category and not more than Rs. 2.5 for students of SC/ST category.
Post Matric UP Scholarship for other state students of General, SC/ST category:
- Class 11th and 12th or above students of any category are allowed to fill for this Scholarship.
- The annual income for this also should not be more than Rs. 2 Lakhs for general category students, while the income for SC/ST students should not be more than Rs. 2.5 Lakhs.
Pre Matric UP Scholarship for OBC students
- This is for the students of class 9th and 10th belonging to OBC category
- The annual income here should not be more than Rs. 1 Lakhs
Post Matric UP Scholarship for OBC students (other than Intermediate)
- UG & PG students or Ph.D. students or pursuing higher education can also apply for this Scholarship.
- The annual income for this category should not be more than Rs. 2 Lakhs.
Post Matric UP Scholarship (Intermediate) for OBC students
- Class 11th and 12th students are eligible for this Scholarship
- The annual income should not be more than Rs. 2 Lakhs.
Thereby, these were the essential rules that have to adhere while applying and the required income by a student’s house. For people having more revenue than the giver criteria will not be able to use further.
Mandatory Documents for Applying
It is a key to be prepared with the entire necessary document before applying for any exam. Being prepared beforehand saves your time and provides an ease fill registration process. One will not have to run here and there finding for the documents at the last moment.
One key point is that never wait for the last moment to fill up your forms. Be attentive and fill them up as soon as the dates for the registration come up. For this Scholarship, the documents mentioned below are required.
- Last class exam/qualification mark sheet
- Category & income certificate
- Bank’s passbook
- Annual Non Refundable Amount
- Enrollment Number
- Student’s ID as proof
- Fee Receipt number
- Domicile Certificate
- Aadhar card number
- Passport size photograph
How to Register for UP Scholarship
This is the primary process that will ensure that you’ll be able to appear for the exam with proper information and successfully. Keep in mind that the information that you will entre will be used for the official purpose, so try that there are no mistakes, or else this will lead to misidentifications.
Follow the steps given below to register for the Scholarship successfully.
- Open the official site for this Scholarship by searching for scholarship.up.nic.in; after you open this portal, you’ll be able to find the registration page.
- Click on the registration page and fill all the details with the documents and pay the fee asked for registration.
- It’s always better to go through the details twice such that no mistake occurs and hit the submit button.
- Always take a print out of online forms as they are required for further use.
This finishes our registration process, and one will be able to go for the exam and get a scholarship by the UP government.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How to check your UP scholarship status?
Ans. One can always go to the leading portal and refer to the status section for all their queries regarding the scholarship status.
Q2. Is the UP Scholarship meaningful and legit?
Ans. Yes, one should apply for this Scholarship; this comes to use to a great extent and provides comprehensive education and aid. Student belonging to any category is eligible for this Scholarship.
Q3. What will be the amount of the Scholarship?
Ans. The UP government doesn’t reveal the amount for the Scholarship; it is given to students according to their class and their needs.
Indeed this Scholarship provided to the students will help them to a great extent and allows students for a bright and secure future. One should get themselves registered and work for the exam to live a life of their dream and achieve success.