Technology has changed the way we perceive a bunch of our daily tasks and activities. Today, we have apps reminding us we need to drink water and count steps all day, and dating apps in India to find our perfect match. You can simply swipe right or left to form real-life connections through these apps.
This article will discuss the ten best dating apps in India to help you find your dream connection easily. Online dating is a trend that has been on the rise, notably for young individuals from urban and suburban areas.
How dating apps in India are changing the dating game
However, if you still have doubts about using a dating app in India, some of these points might help give you a better view.
- Dating apps help you decide quicker: By using a dating app in India, you can make up your mind about dating faster. It is because dating apps allow you to list your likes and dislikes and personal dating preferences, thereby filtering your ‘type’ well in advance.
- Dating apps allow you to take your own pace: Dating apps enable you to date when you want to. There’s no time restraint as to when you have to use the dating app or not; you can swipe right and left whenever and wherever. Many individuals now prefer using the best dating app in India because of their time efficiency.
- Dating apps provide a wider outreach: Unlike traditional dating, where you are usually restricted by your outreach geographically. However, with dating apps in India, you can now find potential matches across the country with its geolocation tab. For example, if you’re moving to another city where you hardly know anyone, online dating allows you to find your match.
- Makes dating simpler: The best dating apps in India offer users a huge pool of options. Dating apps allow users to find their match according to mutual preferences, whether for casual dating or to find their soulmate.
13 Best Dating Apps in India
Here are the thirteen best dating apps in India that you can use to meet new people & connect with them.
If you want to go through the best dating apps in India without getting directly into the details, here’s the list for you to pick the best dating app in India for you:
- Coffee Meets Bagel
- Go Gaga
13 Best Dating Apps in India
Here are the ten best dating apps in India that you can use to meet new people & connect with them.
Tinder is the most popular and hands-down best dating app in India that is used by many individuals who prefer online dating. The ultimate dating app allows its users to find single individuals near them by swiping left or right on the app.
Tinder’s free version gives you limited swipes with limited access to singles only in your area. However, Tinder Premium takes the entire online dating experience to a level ahead.
Pros of Tinder (the best dating app in India)
- Find plenty of options.
- You hold power to like or not like.
- It might match you with your real-life crush.
- It’s for everyone- men, women, and LGBTQ members.
Cons of Tinder
- There are chances of being catfished.
- Your privacy might be at stake.
- It promotes the hook-up culture.
- Unable to fix accidental swipes.
You can check Tinder, the best dating app in India, here:
The Bumble app is another one of the best dating apps in India that, unlike other dating apps, comes with a twist. Once matched with a person on the app, women are required to make the first move to start the conversation, making it an initiative to break the stereotype.
For same-sex matches, either person can make the first move to start a conversation with their match on Bumble. Bumble has stringent rules and practices for making the app a safe and friendly place for all its users.
Pros of Bumble (best dating apps in India)
- Allows women to make the first move, thereby initiating conversation.
- 60% of matches result in a conversation.
- The gender demographics of the app are roughly equal.
- You can use Bumble for dating, networking, and finding friends.
Cons of Bumble
- Men can’t initiate the conversation.
- Only 24 hours to make a match permanent by initiating a conversation.
- Simple search criteria based on gender, age, and location.
You check Bumble, another great dating app in India, here:
Happn is another of the best dating apps in India that uses a unique match-making algorithm to make virtual dating a more real-time experience. As a Happn user, you’re connected with all the Happn users who pass your way throughout the day. If both the users like each other’s profile, it’s a match!
Happn, amongst the best dating app in India, shows you the people in your vicinity. So if you cross paths with someone today and like him/her, open your app to find out if he’s a crush.
Pros of Happn
- Chance encounters feel possible again.
- Harder for scammers and bots to make accounts.
- Easier connections
Cons of Happn
- Proximity restricted
- Small town singles may run out of matches
- Safety might be at stake
You can check Happn, the best dating app in India, here:
OkCupid, known for its peppy ads all around the web, is another great dating app in India that you can use to find your soulmate. Unlike other dating apps that rely more on pictures, OkCupid finds real compatible matches through the questions answered by both users. It then moves ahead to find the compatibility score between users to find their perfect match.
Pros of using OKCupid as a dating app in India
- The easy user interface allows users to build their profiles based on their interests.
- The app has a simple messaging interface.
- The app also holds a special virtual dating feature
- You can browse for potential matches depending on your geolocation choice.
Cons of OkCupid, one of the dating apps in India
- The app doesn’t have a large database as other online dating websites
- There might be a lot of fake accounts due to no-cost registration.
You can check OkCupid, amongst the best dating apps in India, here:
TrulyMadly is another popular dating app used in India that is somewhat like a Tinder alternative, with a couple of similar features. The online dating platform has a strict verification process that needs to be followed to create a ‘trustable’ profile on TrulyMadly. This ensures that no one builds a fake profile on the platform, saving users from any catfish situation.
Among the leading dating apps in India, TrulyMadly uses a trust-based score to verify its users and allows you to be the wingman or wingwoman that helps find your best friend her type of match.
Some features of the TrulyMadly app are:
- The dating app has an incognito mode.
- The intense verification process based on trust scores makes it impossible to catfish.
- Referrals help increase your trust score.
- Your profile pictures are safe on the dating app as there is no way one can take a screenshot of them or download it.
- The paid version of the app contains other cool features like their compatibility quiz, no ads, and more.
You can check TrulyMadly, amongst the leading dating apps in India, here:
Hinge is an online dating platform that matches people based on their common interests, striving to create a compatible pair. It serves as a great Tinder alternative but sadly lacks a few features that would make it more interesting. Hinge establishes a timeline of your photos and interest for people to see, allowing individuals to approach you based on common interests.
The tagline of the dating app itself is ‘designed to be deleted.
Some of the unique features of Hinge include:
- The dating apps quickly learn your type and introduce you to the best people for you.
- The app helps in giving the users a sense of someone’s personality through their unique answers to prompts and other personal information.
- As an icebreaker, the app allows users to like or comment on a specific part of your profile to start a conversation easily.
- Once the matches are ready to go out on a date and exchange numbers, the Hinge team makes an effort to follow up to hear how the date went to improve their future recommendations.
You can check Hinge, one of the best dating apps in India, here:
Aisle is a recently launched online dating platform focusing on creating a romance between Indians worldwide. The platforms significantly serve individuals who do not care about borders when finding their soulmate and are excellent for building meaningful relationships.
The relationship focussed dating app has been designed and created in India and comprises a vibrant community of Indians. Many successful relationships have been built because of the app.
You can check Aisle, a leading dating app in India, here:
Tantan is an online dating app developed by a Chinese company that allows users to find matches and connections through the app. However, the app lacks in certain areas when it comes to quality and potential matches. Overall, you must try Tantan once; who knows, you might find your true date from there.
Here are some features of the Tantan app:
- Tantan’s UI is similar to Tinder and developed by Chinese developers.
- The app ensures the privacy of a user is maintained. So when a user allows sharing their contact list with the app, they won’t be able t see the user’s profile on Tantan.
- The app has a unique break-the-ice feature that gives a series of witty questions you can ask your match to understand them better.
You can check Tantan, one of the best dating apps in India, here:
9. Coffee Meets Bagel
Coffee Meets Bagel is probably one of India's most underrated dating apps. It comes with a creative and unique concept for online dating within which Coffee and Bagels sends you a couple of matched suggestions, naming them Bagels of the Day, which you can accept or reject within 24 hours. If a user likes you, you get matched and can start your conversation.
Pros of Coffee Meets Bagel as a dating app in India
- Users are not overwhelmed with matches & unwanted messages, so women are more responsive than those on Tinder or OkCupid.
- Women outnumber men on the dating app 60/40.
- CMB profiles are not searchable, so if limiting your exposure is a big concern, this dating app is a good choice.
- It does not require a huge investment of time. You cannot browse profiles, & you’ll only get messages from the users whose profiles you like.
Cons of Coffee Meets Bagel as a dating app in India
- A limited number of matches per day
- The matching algorithm is not the most sophisticated one.
- Your dating pool usually consists of friends of friends.
- Coffee Meets Bagel has not reached wide popularity yet and, therefore, has a small user pool in smaller cities.
You can check Coffee Meets Bagel here:
Woo is another great dating app that focuses on putting up well-educated professionals on its network only. The platform offers features like voice introduction, Tag Search, Questions-Answers, and Direct Messaging. The app also has a voice call feature, where users can talk to each other without sharing their phone numbers.
Woo, a women-first dating app in India
- The app allows women to date online while feeling secure and comfortable.
- The Woo phone feature allows users to call directly on the app without sharing their personal numbers.
- Women's details, including their name, location, and number, remain confidential.
- It allows you to give creative answers to fun questions and get discovered even faster.
You can get the Woo app by clicking here.
11. Go Gaga
Meeting strangers on dating apps can be an overwhelming experience. Go Gaga is one of the best dating apps in India that allows users to meet friends of friends, making dating a trustworthy experience. The app digitalized the real-time concept of dating, according to which 7 out of 10 couples get introduced through common friends.
While many dating apps rely simply on swiping right and left, Go Gaga’s app allows committed friends to introduce two of their single friends, making matchmaking an entirely new concept for dating apps.
The Go Gaga app comes with three unique modes:
- Seeker mode: allows you to view the profile of friends of friends.
- Matchmaker mode: View suggestions from the app for your friends who would be great couples.
- AI mode: The AI algorithm allows you to spin the wheel to see trustworthy profiles.
You can check Go Gaga, the best dating app in India, here:
Badoo is an extensive dating app founded by the Russian entrepreneur Andrey Andreev that operates in over 190 countries and is available in 47 languages. The best dating app in India has a 400 million user base and contains Tinder-like features with preference and interest settings.
Badoo’s algorithm finds prospect matches according to user interests and preferences. The dating app also has an option called ‘near me’, which displays a list of potential dates near your location. In its live streaming feature, your video chat can be joined by other users.
You can check Badoo, another great dating app in India, here:
Moco is another one of the dating apps in India that have emerged in the industry. The dating app allows users to interact and meet their date by joining chatrooms, discussion boards, group chats, etc., to find new people on the network through games. The app aims at creating connections between strangers, be it in the form of friendship or dating.
The Moco, another one of India's new yet best dating apps, has over 100 million user bases and is available on Android and iOS. It also has chat rooms with thousands of real people online.
You can check the Moco dating app in India here:
FAQs about Dating Apps in India:
1. Is dating apps legal in India?
Yes, dating apps and dating is legal in India until both of you are consenting adults above the age of 18 years. In India, however, many individuals continue moral policing young couples on zero grounds, which should not be tolerated.
2. Which is the best app for dating?
Tinder and Bumble are undoubtedly the most used and most popular dating apps in India that millions of users use. Other than that, picking the best dating app is subjective as each comes with its own set of features that suit some and not others.
3. Is Gleeden available in India?
Gleeden is a French extramarital dating app, run exclusively by women, available in India. Since its launch in 2017, Gleeden has claimed to have a total of 4.5 lakhs registered users in the country.
4. Are there any free dating apps in India?
Various dating apps in India can be used with some features for free. However, dating apps in India are currently not 100% free and can be used with all their features once paid for. Some of the popular dating apps in India for free services are Happn, Bumble, and OK Cupid.
5. Which is the best dating app in India for a serious relationship?
GoGaga is among the best dating apps in India if you want to build a serious relationship. Unlike apps like Tinder, where you’re matched with strangers, GoGaga allows users to be matched with friends of friends, digitalizing the real-life concept of real-time dating on one platform. Go Gaga’s app allows committed friends to introduce two of their single friends, making it the best dating app in India for a serious relationship.
6. Do dating apps in India work?
Yes, dating apps in India work. Many individuals have found the love of their life through internet dating. However, the working of dating apps depends on how you use them. Healthy conversations and real-life dates help better understand the other person, thereby creating a better love life for you.
7. Are dating apps in India genuine?
One should be cautious while using even the best dating apps in India, as some scammers are always on the hunt for dating apps. However, the teams at internet dating sites are making a constant effort to make online dating a more secure and better experience for all.
8. Is Tinder available for free?
Tinder is available in the App Store and Google Play Store for free, or you can visit Tinder.com to download Tinder for the web dating apps in India.
9. What is the minimum age for using Dating Apps in India?
The minimum age threshold for dating sites in India is 18 years. If you’ve been barred from these services because the birthdate you entered on sign-up indicates you’re under the age of 18, you‘re going to stay excluded from the program for the period listed on the login page. Once that time has passed, you can continue the sign-up process on the dating app India.
10. Can I use Tinder anywhere in the world?
Tinder is a popular online dating app in India and is accessible in more than 190 countries. Are you interested in dating, meeting new friends, extending your social network, or meeting locals while traveling? Then, download the Tinder dating sites in India now.
11. Is an internet connection required for these apps to work?
The dating apps in India are not usable offline. Your computer must be wired to an Internet network to operate the dating sites in India (wifi/3G/4G).
12. Do people outside my set age parameters view my profile?
No. People can see each other only within the set age parameters on the dating app.
13. Is searching for a specific person on Tinder possible?
No. You cannot search for any specific person on Tinder except your matches.
14. How to connect in the time of COVID-19?
These are difficult days. While meeting matches in person is not a moment, we recognize that dating apps are essential in navigating the uncertainty that COVID-19 has brought into our daily lives. While we face new challenges daily, we are united on dating sites in India, taking our job seriously. With that in mind, let’s work together to protect one another.
15. Is Bumble free?
Bumble is free and will always be a free dating app in India! They have some free bonus apps to boost the Bumble experience, including Bumble Boost and Bumble Coins. Bumble Boost unlocks features such as seeing users who have already swiped right onto your profile, reconnecting with expired connections, and extending your matches for 24 hours.
16. Which Indian city is the most active in dating apps?
Delhi-NCR and Bengaluru are among the most active dating app India cities. According to the data made accessible on the online dating sites in India, Pune is at the top of the list of six Indian cities with the highest rate of swiping on its device.
17. Do girls use dating apps in India?
In most cases, Indian girls do not realize that they also date, for instance, from level 3 or level 4 cities, but in level 1 or 2 cities. Dating app in India focuses on the USA’s culture and works well in Indian Metro cities as girls and boys are both open.
18. Are dating apps safe?
Dating apps do not perform criminal user background checks; it is up to each user to decide if they meet anyone comfortably. Nonetheless, it’s crucial to note that it's not your fault whether you witness sexual harassment or abuse while dating online or using the best dating app.
19. Is Bumble dating sites in India good?
Although Bumble may have entered the urban sector, it still needs to prove its importance in the rest of India. “Bumble” has performed well in the major cities of Indian dating sites. The most significant task would be to put itself as well as a dating app for the small town in India.
20. Does Tantan dating apps work in India?
According to the Tantan best dating site, by 2021, the Indian industry will have 200 million-plus potential consumers. The foreign team of Tantan has about five people who focus on India regularly. In the coming months, it plans to open an office in India and recruits more talent to help them expand on dating sites in India.
21. When did Tinder launch on Indian dating sites?
Starting in India in 2016, Tinder last recorded the country’s 7.5 million regular swipes, and the most significant number of messages exchanged worldwide per user among other dating apps.
22. What are the few tips for using the best dating app?
- Pick your dating sites in India wisely.
- Be honest
- Choose a photo and put your best foot forward
- Be straightforward
- Be open-minded
- Keep the conversation short
- Have fun
23. Is Tantan better than Tinder?
Tantan is the standard swipe dating program on the right-left. We like Tantan more than we want Tinder in specific interface ways. There are also fewer advertisements, pop-ups, and bots out there. Tantan is the only application with more users than Tinder because its population in China and China is not so large.
24. Is Tantan safe among other Indian dating sites?
You’ll feel safe while you’re using these dating apps. However, this app lacks the sensuality you would find on other popular dating apps. They may have a more personal form of a getting-to-know-you questionnaire, but apart from that, Tantan seems like every other daily social networking platform.
25. What is the success rate of Tinder's best dating app?
The research on dating sites in India found that males swipe right even more frequently than straight women, putting them at a reduced performance rate: only 0.6 percent. In the meantime, women are more cautious about who they swipe right on, with a match average of 10%.
26. Do matches on Indian dating sites get expired?
If you start talking, you only have 14 days before your conversation goes away from dating apps. Bumble often puts a 24-hour cap on the original hello; JSwipe matches vanish after 18 days if nobody says hello, and Tinder matches never expire.
27. Is OkCupid’s best dating app safe?
OkCupid is as secure as many other popular dating applications and dating sites in India. OkCupid is built to allow fast connections to matches in your region while concentrating on compatibility. OkCupid‘s privacy depends on your settings, so it is your responsibility to set them up as soon as you join OkCupid.
28. Can you browse Indian dating sites without signing up?
You can no longer browse most dating apps or websites without creating a new account. Many of these applications require users to create an account before they can browse possible matches as a security measure.
29. Are dating apps legal in India?
Cohabitation is permissible in India. The best dating app is commonly found among people living in metro cities in India.
30. Is Tinder gold dating sites in India useful?
Tinder Gold is a blessing to men in India. Some of the time, guys will click any single hot profile they came across and end up with zero matches. With Tinder Gold, people are alerted if someone right-swipes them, which lets them at least get a play. Also, they will get five super likes in a day on these Indian dating sites.
31. What are some tips for staying safe on dating apps?
- Do your research about the best dating app
- Use a Google Voice Number Instead of Your Own
- Video chat before you meet
- Drive yourself
- Meet in a public place
- Let any of your friends know about the details
- Don’t give too much personal information
- Carry pepper spray
- Don’t get drunk
32. How do Bumble dating sites in India choose who to show you?
Bumble and Tinder tend to have a standard algorithm that displays people’s profiles that have shown interest in individual profiles. You may have found that you had the most matches when you first began using the application. Many people enter Indian dating sites daily, and the matches are expected to pick up.
Here are the top ten best dating apps in India that you can use to spice up your dating life. Online dating is becoming more interactive and exciting, allowing Millennials to find their potential match while having a busy lifestyle. Use any dating apps above according to your preferences to find your true love today.