As we have seen in the news, many state governments are relaxing and lifting the lockdown impositions gradually. Expect for the red zones; other areas are seeing a bit of traffic and human activities. Many people are expecting and hoping for the lockdown to end as everyone is itching to go out and have fun. But, it is essential to keep in mind that the virus is not beaten. The fatalities and cases of COVID-19 are continuously on the rise. India has crossed the 30,000-mark already, and approximately 1,500 cases reported every day. Once the lockdown is lifted, the second wave of Coronavirus expected. To prevent this second wave, people should take responsibility and take the precautions seriously. This is very crucial to prevent further spread of the pandemic. Here are the things you should do to avoid contacting Coronavirus after the lockdown ends.
Steps to protect yourself from COVID-19 once the lockdown ends:
- Social distancing: The virus is mainly transmitted from person to person through contact. To prevent exposure to the virus, you must maintain a six feet distance from others. Hence, the cough droplets or sneeze won’t reach you, and you are safe. If you are in the range of these droplets, it might land on you and get inside the body when you inhale. One should maintain social distancing even if the other guy is not sick, as many cases of COVID-19 are asymptomatic.
- Wash your hands: Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place. You need to wash the hands after you come home as the virus can live on your body for more than a day.
- Avoid touching your face: Strictly avoid touching your face in the public as this is the easiest way for the virus to get into your body. Avoid touching the handlebars, tables, and other items in public. If in case, you have felt any of it, do not touch your face and wash your hands immediately. This is one of the most important ways to prevent yourself from contracting the virus.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask: A person can spread the virus even if he is not facing any symptoms. Hence, you must cover your mouth and nose whenever you are in a public place. Note that the cloth face meant to prevent others from contracting the virus in case you are infected, and the virus is still dormant.
- Clean and disinfect: Clean the items you buy from the supermarket and disinfect it. This is done because we have no clue who has come in contact with it, and it is hazardous. Hence, before using the item, it is advised to clean it from soap and water.