Each one of us has experienced extreme hair fall, especially during some specific seasons of the month.
While it may look like a big deal, the one thing that you must know that an individual sheds 100 hair strands daily on an average. (1)
However, if you feel that your crowning glory is shedding more than usual and want to improve your hair’s overall health, here are our top home remedies for hair fall treatment.
Excessive hair loss affects your self-esteem, but it can also be a warning sign for some serious diseases.
How to control hair fall?
Here are some unique facts (2) about hair fall that you must understand to distinguish if you have a regular hair fall problem which can easily be treated through home remedies, or if you need professional advice on the same.
- Hair fall without scarring of the scalp is a common condition that affects every person at least once in their lives.
- Hair loss can either be because of the breakage of hair from the shaft or due to decreased overall hair growth.
- Hair loss might occur due to Thyroid disease, anemia, protein deficiency, secondary syphilis, chemotherapy, and low vitamin levels.
- Regular hair loss can be prevented by following good hair hygiene and including a clean and nutritious diet.
There are various causes of hair loss, including diet, genetics, mineral deficiency, stress, medications, and pollution. Here are some answers to how to control hair fall that might help you.
Home remedies for hair fall treatment to try now
1. Coconut oil
Coconut oil contains anti-oxidants and fatty acids that can penetrate deep into the hair shaft, helping reduce protein loss from hair. (3)
The magical hair elixir has been used for centuries to obtain healthy and shiny hair.
How to use coconut oil as a hair fall remedy:
- You can use coconut oil as a hair fall remedy by merely applying it on your roots and massaging your way through.
- Lukewarm coconut oil penetrates deeper into the hair shaft, helping act as a hair fall solution.
- You can either apply coconut oil overnight and wash it the next morning or apply it 30 mins before washing your hair.
2. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera gel has been used as a natural method of hair fall treatment by individuals for ages.
The plant-based gel is an effective hair fall remedy and is also used to treat dandruff.
Massaging aloe vera gel on your scalp helps in stimulating blood circulation on the scalp, and thereby promoting hair growth.
It also reduces dandruff and itchy scalp due to its anti-fungal properties, by being a hair fall solution reducing hair loss and shedding. (4)
To use aloe vera gel as a hair fall solution:
- Scrape the gel from the aloe vera stem.
- Grind and make its paste in a grinder.
- Apply the paste and massage it on your scalp.
- Leave it on for 45-60minutes
- Wash your hair thoroughly.
- Use this method 3-4 times a week.
Note: You can also use a drugstore purchased aloe vera gel.
3. Onion Juice
Yes, as weird as it sounds, onion juice is amongst the top home remedies for hair fall that gives the best results for hair fall treatment and is an excellent answer for your how to control hair fall naturally question.
Onion has antibacterial properties that can be beneficial in fighting against scalp infections.
The sulfur present in onion helps stimulate blood circulation to hair follicles, promoting hair growth, and reducing hair fall. (5)
Here’s how to use onion juice as one of the home remedies for hair fall:
- Peel one-two onions and chop them into two pieces.
- Grind the onion in a grinder.
- Squeeze the juice from the paste using a thin cloth (muslin).
- You can also use a juicer for the same.
- Apply the onion juice n your scalp using cotton.
- Massage the juice on your scalp.
- Leave it on for 20-30mins.
- Wash your hair, as usual, with a mild shampoo.
- Use onion juice weekly to see results.
Eggs are considered to be superfoods for both you and your hair.
Eggs are packed with proteins, minerals, and B-complex vitamins perfect for a hair fall remedy as they strengthen your hair’s roots. (6)
The protein found in eggs helps in rebuilding the damaged keratin gaps in the structure of your hair.
Here’s how to use eggs as the perfect hair fall solution or hair fall remedy:
- Separate egg white and egg yolk in two bowls
- Add one teaspoon of olive oil & honey to both and beat.
- Apply egg yolk on your roots and scalp
- Apply the egg white on your hair strands from roots to tips
- Leave for 20 mins
- Rinse hair thoroughly with cold or lukewarm water
Yogurt contains probiotic bacteria that help in increasing hair density, making it one of the best natural hair fall solution.
Yogurt increases the anagen phase of hair follicles, promoting hair growth. (7)
Yogurt also helps in reducing dandruff from the scalp and is excellent for moisturizing frizzy hair.
You can use yogurt for hair fall treatment by:
- Mix 2 spoons of yogurt with one spoon of honey and some lemon juice.
- Apply the paste evenly across the scalp and roots
- Let it sit for 30 mins.
- Rinse hair as usual with cold water using a mild shampoo
- Use the mixture weekly for better results.
You can use any of the home remedies for hair fall mentioned above to improve your hair growth and have nourished and healthy hair. Additionally, check if you are using the right hair products for your hair type, which can also lead to hair loss problems. If these natural hair fall treatment methods don’t work for you, try visiting a hair professional to discuss your condition, and he/she will provide you with the apt treatment and procedures for reducing hair loss.