- TNPSC 2020 Calender
- An overview of TNPSC 2020
- Departments under TNPSC
- TNPSC vacancy 2020
- TNPSC 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Required documents for TNPSC 2020
- TNPSC 2020 Application Process
- Syllabus for TNPSC 2020
- TNPSC 2020 Question Papers
- TNPSC answer keys
- TNPSC Cut-offs
- Study Material for TNPSC 2020
- Top 10 Best Coaching Centres in Chennai for TNPSC Preparation
- TNPSC Admit card (Hall Tickets)
- TNPSC Results
- The document verification process for TNPSC 2020
- Documents needed for certificate verification
- How to apply for Group I TNPSC 2020
- Fees for Group I TNPSC 2020
- The selection process for Group I TNPSC 2020
- Contact Details
- FAQs on TNPSC 2020
TNPSC 2020 Calender
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has prompted global concern and havoc. Thus, many countries are fighting against this virus, and India is one of them. Thus, due to the COVID-19, the dates for TNPSC 2020 exams are shifted continuously by the officials.
Many other competitive exams like NEET, UPSC is also on hold for the moment. Thus, the TNPSC 2020 Calendar keeps on changing. Keep yourself updated with the latest notifications and dates.
For this, you should regularly visit their official website.
An overview of TNPSC 2020
Tamil Nadu PSC is a department under the State Government of Tamil Nadu. The department recruits government officials for the state’s civil service via TNPSC, i.e., Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
Category: TNPSC (Tamil Nadu Civil Services Commission)
State: Tamil Nadu
Posts: Many posts are there
Official website: http://www.tnpsc.gov.in/
Departments under TNPSC
There are many departments under TNPSC. Every year these departments open vacancies on many jobs and postings.
Below is the list of the departments. You can easily find notifications for jobs in these departments.
- Forest Department of Tamil Nadu
- State Transport Corporation of Tamil Nadu
- Public Works Department of Tamil Nadu
- Planning & Development Department of Tamil Nadu
- Police Department of Tamil Nadu
- Department of Agriculture of Tamil Nadu
- Department of Animal Husbandry of Tamil Nadu
- Dept of Health & Family Welfare of Tamil Nadu
- Department of Industries of Tamil Nadu
- Department of Higher Education of Tamil Nadu
- Dept of Municipal Administration & Water supply of Tamil Nadu
- Revenue Department of Tamil Nadu
- Social Reforms Department of Tamil Nadu
- Department of School Education of Tamil Nadu
- Department of Youth Welfare & Sports of Tamil Nadu
- Tourism & Culture department of Tamil Nadu
- Department of Rural Development & Panchayat of Tamil Nadu
- Department of Personnel & Administrative Reforms of Tamil Nadu
Thus, keep yourself updated with the notifications from all these departments.
TNPSC vacancy 2020
TNPSC will help you get a job in the following posts/fields:
- Assistant Tourist Officer (ATO)
- Junior Scientific Officer (JSO)
- Assistant Training Officer (ATO)
- Drugs Inspector (DI)
Group, I Services-TNPSC 2020
The Group I of TNPSC includes the following services:
- Deputy Collector
- Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Deputy Registrar
- Assistant Director
- Assistant Commissioner
- Divisional Officer
- Assistant Conservator of Forest
- District Employment Officer
Group II Services-TNPSC 2020
Group II of TNPSC includes the following services:
- Deputy Commercial Tax Officer
- Sub Registrar
- Probation Officer
- Assistant Inspector
- Junior Employment Officer
- Assistant Section Officer
- Assistant Inspector
- Special Assistant
- Audit Inspector
- Junior Employment Officer
- Senior Inspector
Group III Services-TNPSC 2020
Group III of TNPSC includes the following services:
- Store Keeper
- Assistant Supervisor
- Junior Inspector
Group IV Services-TNPSC 2020
Group IV of TNPSC includes the following services:
- Junior Assistant
- Steno Typist
- Executive Officer
- Junior Assistant
- Bill Collector
Not everyone can apply for TNPSC 2020. You need to fulfill specific criteria to be eligible for these exams. Unlike any other government exam, TNPSC also has eligibilty criteria to determine if a person is fit for the job or not.
- The minimum age of the applicants for TNPSC is 18 years.
- The maximum age limit for a TNPSC Aspirant depends upon his category(General/OBC/SC/ST) and post.
- You must have the required qualification that your post demands.
Before applying for TNPSC 2020 Exams, you must keep your records ready beforehand. Also, there are some documents that you need to carry with you on the exam day. These documents are:
- Voter ID card
- Your Passport
- Your Driving License
- Your Ration Card
- College ID
- Your Aadhar card
- Your Bank Passbook
- Any approved ID proof issued by Gazetted Officer.
TNPSC Application Process
If you want a TNPSC job, then you must not waste your time and apply for TNPSC 2020 immediately.
Thus, visit the official website and apply before the closing date. All the eligible candidates are requested not to wait for the last minute to submit their application forms.
You can submit the application form online only. No offline facility is there for the submission of application forms.
Steps for One-time registration
A one-time registration is a must for the TNPSC applicants.
For one-time registration, you need to pay Rs 150/- as the fees for registration.
After you complete your one-time registration, you will get a login ID and password. Keep these login credentials safe with you.
While applying for TNPSC 2020, you will need them.
Also, while applying for TNPSC, you will be charged a separate fee for each eligible recruitment.
The TNPSC one-time registration is applicable for five years after the date of OTR.
Do your one-time registration with these steps:
- Open the website of TNPSC, tnpsc.gov.in
- On the site page, click the ‘One Time Registration’ option.
- The One Time Registration form will appear on the screen.
- Fill all your necessary details.
- Then, upload your passport size photo & signature in the designated format.
- Do the payment of the registration fee via online mode.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- After the completion of the process, you will receive a confirmation SMS on your registered telephone number. It will have your login ID & password.
Steps to apply for TNPSC Jobs
- Visit the official site of Tamil Nadu PSC, tnpsc.gov.in
- Login yourself.
- After that, the homepage will appear on your screen.
- Click on the ‘Notifications’ option & get the advertisement.
- Click on the advertisement notification and then read it thoroughly.
- If you are eligible for the post, then click on ‘Apply Online.’
- Enter all the essential details.
- Make the fee payment via the proper channels or choose any one online mode for application fee payment.
- Upload all your required documents in the directed format.
- Cross-check the details that you entered.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button and keep the hard copy of the form for future needs.
Syllabus for TNPSC 2020
You must be thoroughly familiar with the exam syllabus if you aim to crack the TNPSC 2020 exam. Once you get a hold of the curriculum, it will be easy for you to channelize your preparation.
Various topics included in TNPSC 2020 are:
- General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
- Questions from the relevant discipline.
TNPSC 2020 Question Papers
The only syllabus won’t help you crack the exam. You must be familiar with the paper format, frequently asked questions, and much more. For all these things you need question papers.
Question papers will help you in knowing:
- The types of topics asked in the exam
- Sections of the paper and the paper format
- Distribution of marks
Once you have a clear understanding of all these things, you will get to know which topics you need to focus on. Regular practice will make your exam ready.
TNPSC answer keys
You can quickly get the previous year question papers on the internet. Along with those question papers, you will also find the answer key to those papers.
Once you are done with your written exam, you can cross-check your answers with the answer key that government releases after the paper.
You can even file an objection against the answer key if you find anything objectionable.
Cut-off marks refer tot he minimum marks that you need to obtain to crack the TNPSC exam.
There is a general cut-off, and also the cut-offs based on your category, i.e., category-wise cut-off.
Factors that influence the cut-off marks:
- Cut Off Marks of Previous Year
- Number of vacancies
- No. of candidates writing the exam.
- The difficulty level of the question paper
Study Material for TNPSC 2020
Good books will help you score well. Some essential books that you can consider while preparing for the exam are:
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal
- General English for All Competitive Examinations by SC Gupta
- Quantitative Aptitude for all Competitive Exams by Abhijit Guha
Top 10 Best Coaching Centres in Chennai for TNPSC Preparation
Some applicants crack the exams via self-study, while others enroll themselves in a coaching institute to get the proper guidance.
Ten best Coaching Centres in Chennai are:
- We Shine Academy
- Ganesh’s Academy Chennai TNPSC Coaching
- United Academy
- Unique Academy
- Kalam Training Academy
- Smart Leader TNPSC Coaching
- Cracking TNPSC Academy
- Shankar IAS Academy
- The Wisdom Academy
- TNPSC Coaching Academy
TNPSC Admit card (Hall Tickets)
Seven days before the TNPSC exam, authorities issue an admit card for all the candidates.
Thus, if you are the applicant, you must download your hall ticket from the official website of TNPSC. You should also cross-check your information on the hall ticket, once you get it.
Things you will find on the hall ticket:
- Applicant’s name
- Applicant’s Father Name
- Registration Number
- Date of Birth
- Applicant’s Photograph
- Gender (Male/ Female)
- Applicant’s Photograph
- Space for Candidate’s Signature
- Space for Invigilator’s Signature
- Exam Centre & Date
- Exam Centre Code
- Instructions to be followed during the exam
Results are the most crucial part. They decide about your future. Hence, many people become nervous about the results.
You need the following things to check your result:
- Application number
- Date of Birth
Usually, the results are announced after one month of the exam.
Document verification process
The qualified candidates can open the official website of TNPSC to know which documents need to be uploaded after qualifying the exam. TNPSC conducts certificate verification for the qualified applicants in a 1:3 ratio.
Later, candidates are expected to attend the counseling and meeting at their allotted centers as per their rank and category.
Documents needed for certificate verification
Qualified candidates need the following documents for certificate verification,
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Community Certificate
- Evidence of Educational Qualification (SSLC/ HSC/ Diploma/ Degree/ PG Degree/ Provisional Certificate, etc).
- No Objection Certificate
- TNPSC Admit Card
- Voter ID
- Copy of TNPSC Online Application Form
- Aadhar Card
- Medical Certificate (for Physically handicapped)
- Sports Certificate (if available
How to apply for Group I TNPSC 2020
To apply for Group I TNPSC 2020, you need to follow these steps,
- Open the standard website of TNPSC, tnpsc.gov.in.
- Click on the TNPSC Group 1 2020 link on the home page of the website.
- A page will appear where you will have to fill in the application form.
- Make the payment for the application fee.
- Download the confirmation page.
- Keep a copy of it safe with you for future needs.
Fees for Group I TNPSC 2020
- The fees for registration for Group I TNPSC 2020 is Rs 150.
- The fees for preliminary exam is Rs 100.
- The fees for the main examination are Rs 200.
- Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Castes are entirely excused from the fees.
The selection process for Group I TNPSC 2020
The selection process for Group I TNPSC Combined Civil Services will include,
- The preliminary exam
- Main written exam
- An oral test
Applicants who will qualify in the initial exam will have to write the main written exam and the oral examination, i.e., interview.
For more details related to TNPSC 2020, you can visit the official website of TNPSC.
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission,
TNPSC Road, VOC Nagar, Park Town,
Chennai-600003, Tamil Nadu, INDIA,
Phone No: +91-44-25300300, Fax No: +91-44-25300598,
FAQs on TNPSC 2020
1) How to know the status of our application?
To check your application form, you can even visit the TNPSC venue o can even call them on number 044-25300 300. Their facility is open from 10.00 AM to 05.45 PM. You can visit them at this time.
Also, you can call on the toll-free number 1800-425-1002.
2) What are the stages included in making recruitments?
The steps involved in TNPSC recruitment are given below:
- Written Examination (Preliminary & Main)
- Oral Test
3) How can I know my performance after the conduct of the exam?
After presenting the exam, you are allowed to take the question paper with you. Soon after the exam, the government releases the answer key. The tentative keys are published within a week. With the help of that answer key, you can make a rough guess of your marks.